Re: Oracle ODBC 8.0.5.0.0 driver not allowing setup

From: Oracler <spam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:43:54 GMT

Ah !.. this is EXACTLY the same problem I faced and I got it resolved. The following might help.

  1. use your ms dos prompt, try a 'tnsping <servicename>' does it work ?... Mine didn't.. it was the environment PATH error... oracle path wasn't there.. I just added the path and it worked for me... set PATH=%PATH%;C:\ORAWIN95\BIN

Thanks