Re: Database Size and Memory Usage

From: <jasbir_parmar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

Make sure your ORACLE_SID is pointing to the correct database. In case you don't want to change the SID then use loginid_at_SIDNAME. Also make sure that the tnsnames.ora file contains the SID details from which you are trying to export.
Hope this helps.
Try the command tnsping SIDNAME. This will tell you whether you are able to ping the database or not.