Re: Good books for Oracle DBA?

From: Darth Bob <darthbob_at_blorch.org>
Date: 2000/08/06

I used the Oracle Press exam prep guide (the big, hardbound monster), the Oracle Press DBA guide, and Niemec's performance tuning book (also Oracle Press). The exam prep guide is nice because it has summaries and super-compressed summaries at the end of each chapter, so you can review those to get everything refreshed in your mind right before you take the test. However, the exam prep book is pretty condensed to begin with; for features you're not already at least somewhat familiar with, you'll need other materials (like the other books I mentioned, plus of course the Oracle documentation) for detailed explanations.