Re: Solaris 2.6 / oracle 8.0.5

From: <lkj741_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

I had the same problem few days ago. I couldn't find anything anywhere about ulimit and how to fixed the problem. Oracle installation doesn't help or their site.

From your unix you can give this command ulimit -a that will tell you what is ulimit set to. Also check your manpage to how you can set it.

Other thing you can do and which I did is go to your $ORACLE_HOME/orainst and edit your .root.sh script. You will see ulimit part of it and edit it out and rerun the ./root.sh as root and it should work fine.

Hope it will work.

In article <8mbbh0$n43$1_at_pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk>,   "Woggledog" <spam_at_woggledog.com> wrote:
> Install Oracle 8.0.5 on a sun sparc 5 with solaris 2.6 (with patches
 on)

> Oracle has bene installed....
>
> Come to the point where you run root.sh in the orainst directory
>
> Throws a wobbler giving,
>
> "Please raise the Oracle Owner's ULMIT as per the IUG"
>
> No one I have spoken to knows what I am about, and yes, I am a newbie
> this.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul Fidler

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message