Re: oracle8 on NT - password security

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/08/03

I'm not sure I entirely get the point here.

Yes storing passwords in a script is obviously a security consideration. That is why the scripts should only be runnable by properly authorised users. This is not operating system dependent at all - the exact same concern applies to UNIX et al.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA