Re: Oracle 8i TNS Error

From: Raymond Wong <raymond.wong_at_hk.origin-it.com>
Date: 2000/07/28

Hi,

I am a newbie too. I think it is very coincident that I have met this problem too and just fix it today.

First, after you set up the listener, net service names. You need to start the listner by:

lsnrctrl start

Then you need to restart your database. This is the first point that I got stuck. Second, if you use OEM, I think it will ask you for the host string, give it the name you assigned to the database when you installed ORACLE, plus a dot and the NT's identification (you get it by right click on Network Neigbourhood, choose property and then the Idenfication tab floder). This is the second point I got stuck.