Oracle Objects for OLE Class Library / BLOBs question

From: DEC News <scott.quinn_at_compaq.com>
Date: 2000/07/21

Hi,

From what I can tell the version of Oracle Objects for OLE Class Library (for C/C++) that ships with Objects for Ole 8.1.5.3.3 does not seem to support real blobs (BLOBS, CLOBS and BFILES), only long raws.

  • Can anyone confirm this ? If so, Is there a new class library version on the way that will ?
  • Does anyone know if Oracle intends to continue to support the class library ?

I'll use Pro C or OCI (or the COM objects themselves) if there is no way this can be done but I'd prefer to stick with the class library if I can because we have a large existing code base using it.

Regards,

Scott Quinn Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message