Re: Refreshing data in a TEST instance.

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

Hello,

You can restore all LIVE's backup files to TEST's directories, including controlfiles,
rename datafiles/logfiles in the controlfile, rename the database, and run the rollforward if you did a hot backup of LIVE. Then open the database, you will need to reset the redo logs (RESETLOGS).

You may also consider import/export or replication, if appropriate.

Regards,
Karen