Re: Refreshing data in a TEST instance.

From: jgroff <jgroff_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

Depends how much data you're talking about and how frequently you want to refresh it. We're using export/import of about 5G worth but much more than that would be unworkable. Import/export is the easiest to manage but probably not the most efficient. Check out comp.databases.oracle.server and you'll pretty routinely find posts on this topic. Most of the responses consist of copying and renaming numerous OS files and seem like way too much trouble to me.

I can give you some tips on the parameters, etc to use with import/export if you're interested.