Oracle database locking problems

From: <ccao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

Hi all,

I have a multi-threaded process with multiple threads inserting records to an Oracle table at the same time. As far as I know, every time a thread inserts a record, it holds a ROW EXCLUSIVE lock, and this is the case at the first several minutes. But when I run this process continuously, the lock becomes a SHARE lock eventually, which prohibits further update of the table, and the lock never goes away. I don't know where this lock comes from and why. I would appreciate any ideas regarding this problem. Thanks.

Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message