Executing Multiple SQL*Loaders?

From: Dagmar Anne Bogan <dagmara_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/07

 Hello All!

My client picked a COTS product that has an interesting architecture. It's a centralized NT server with ORACLE 8 which uses ftp to poll local servers for files inside the firewall. These files are then ran through SQL*Loader. This is all suppose to happen not to exceed three minutes from the time the file is detected and transmitted to the central server until a user can see their records in the ORACLE 8 database. There are a number of different locations which will be creating files at the same time so there potentially can be a large number of files trying to execute SQL*Loader. My questions are:

  1. can multiple SQL Loader processes execute simultaneously or is SQL Loader completely serial?
  2. if multiple SQL Loader processes can run, will the table locks be exclusive, so files will still be processed serially?

thanx

--
Kopania & Komorovsky
Specializing in Application Architecture and Design

"Let's Stop Swatting Flies and Go After the Manure Pile"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.