Oracle 8i/jdbc/applet question...

From: David Ciesnik <ciesnik_at_flatland.dimensional.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

Hi!

I'm having some problems connecting my applet to an Oracle 8i database. I've already spent two days trying to figure this out and I'm not sure how to proceed! :)

I'm developing under Oracle JDeveloper 3 and using the oracle thin client jdbc driver. My applet contains swing and is compiled using jdk 1.2. My applet works PERFECTLY when I run the applet from JDeveloper. But when I put the applet out on a webserver (the same machine running the 8i database v.8.1.5), the applet can't connect to the database. Could it be that the jdbc driver doesn't support the 8i database? But then why can I connect to the database from my development area?

Any ideas?? THANKS!

                -Dave Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message