Re: Poring views across Oracle, SQL Server, Informix etc.

From: Ruud de Koter <ruud_dekoter_at_hp.com>
Date: 2000/06/14

the_big_bang_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our applications support Oracle, SQL server etc. We have bunch of views
> which have to be maintained for all supported databases.
>
> 1) Is there any tool which will read the view DLL e.g. for SQL Server
> and spit out equivalent one for e.g. Oracle ? We have to maintain same
> view for each database by hand. This will be useful for current
> scripts. ERWin is not able to convert view from one database to another
> database.
>
> 2) For building future views, is there any tool which will act as a
> view builder i.e. view definitions will be entered in the tool and it
> can spit out DDL for SQL Server, Oracle, Informix etc. etc.
>
> TIA,
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Take a look at Dezign for Databases at http://www.heraut.demon.nl/. I think this is a promising tool for what you want to do.

Regards,

Ruud

Ruud de Koter                    HP OpenView Software Business Unit
Senior Software Engineer         IT Service Management Operation
Telephone: +31 (20) 514 15 89    Van Diemenstraat 200
Telefax  : +31 (20) 514 15 90    PO Box 831
Telnet   : 547 - 1589            1000 AV  Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Email    : ruud_dekoter_at_hp.com

internet: http://www.openview.hp.com/itsm
          http://www.openview.hp.com/assetview
intranet: http://ovweb.bbn.hp.com/itservicemanager