Re: Cross Table (Pivot Table) with Oracle Spread Table Control (MMTX32.OCX)

From: Andreas Rothenwaender <Andreas.Rothenwaender_at_safe.at>
Date: 2000/06/07

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not looking for something that creates "right SQL" I just wanted an easy way to display data which comes in the form

(fixed font would give better optical result) Key1 Key2 Value
  1 1 a11
  1 2 a12
  1 3 a13
  2 1 b21
  2 2 b22
  2 3 b23
  3 1 c31
  3 2 c32
  3 3 c33

in a spread table of the form

+-------+-----+-----+-----+
| Key1 | 1 | 2 | 3 |
| Key2 | | | |

 +-------+-----+-----+-----+
| 1 | a11 | b21 | c31 |
| 2 | a12 | b22 | c32 |
| 3 | a13 | b23 | c33 |

What is wrong with using a prebuilt control that does exactly this (providing it does it really - but it seems to do)? Or do you think a SELECT-DECODE-construct which feeds a standard spread table would be nicer and quicker?

My question is still "HOW can I use the given tools?"!

Andy

PS: Sorry for addressing the wrong newsgroup!

Billy Verreynne schrieb in Nachricht <393e3d39.111364643_at_news.saix.net>...