Re: 8 to 8i migration problems

From: attwoody <attwoody_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

In article <8h8n51$skp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   carlona_at_georgetown.edu wrote:
> In article <39376331.0_at_news.cyberway.com.sg>,
> "Kiran Samvedi" <kiran1_at_starhub.net.sg> wrote:
> > Check the trace file generated.
> > It will give you a clue as to what is going wrong
>
> Alright. I checked the trace file generated by the error. Everything
> is going normally, until it starts up the various processes. Then it
> gives me this:
>
> PMON started with pid=2
> Load Indicator not supported by OS !
> DBW0 started with pid=3
> LGWR started with pid=4
> CKPT started with pid=5
> SMON started with pid=6
> RECO started with pid=7
> Fri Jun 2 09:29:01 2000
> alter database mount
> Fri Jun 2 09:29:01 2000
> Errors in file /u01/app/oracle/admin/ORCL/bdump/ckpt_930.trc:
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2114], [13], [752], [736],
> [], [], [], []
> Fri Jun 2 09:29:03 2000
> CKPT: terminating instance due to error 600
> Instance terminated by CKPT, pid = 930
>
> I checked the PMON file, and it gave me the same error,
>
> Load Indicator not supported by OS !
>
> The file it tells me to check gives me even less information:
>
> ksedmp: internal or fatal error
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [2114], [13], [752], [736],
> [], [], [], []
>
> I figure *this* error, 0600, is just a result of the earlier error.
>
> I did some research on this "Load Indicator not supported by OS !"
> error, but the only advice I could find was related to the problem was
> related to multi-threaded servers. But I already have all the "mts"
> lines in my init<sid>.ora file commented out!
>
> Another person suggested I comment out the REMOTE_PASSWORD_FILE line
> from the init.ora and delete the orapw file, but I don't have the line
> in init.ora file, nor do I have the orapw file. If anyone knows
 what's
> up here, please help. Thanks a lot!
>
> > <carlona_at_georgetown.edu> wrote in message
> > > Hi, everybody,
> > >
> > > First, I am running RedHat Linux 6.1.
> > >
> > > I am encountering difficulty migrating my 8.0.5 database to 8.1.6.
> > > After installing 8.1.6, when I try to start oracle and mount my
> > > database, I come up with the following error:
> > >
> > > SVRMGR> startup mount pfile=initORCL.ora
> > >
> > > ORACLE instance started.
> > > Total System Global Area 29061104 bytes
> > > Fixed Size 69616 bytes
> > > Variable Size 27787264 bytes
> > > Database Buffers 1126400 bytes
> > > Redo Buffers 77824 bytes
> > > ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
> > >
> > > And then it fails! There is nothing wrong with the listener, and
> > > everything is located on this server, so I don't know what this
 whole
> > > "communication channel" thing is about. I emailed Oracle's
> > > OracleINSTALL service but (in addition to telling me this was not
> > > covered by that service, not being directly related to
 installation)
 all
> > > they did was give me a cryptic line about file permissions. All
 my
> > > oracle files are owned by user oracle in group dba. IF anyone has
 had
> > > any experience with this problem, please let me know. Thanks a
 lot.

> > > Andrew Carlon
> > >

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
> Greetings,

  Since you have an ORA-0600, alas - this error can only be interpreted by Oracle Worldwide Customer Support - you will have to grit your teeth and call them (I know it can take a long time to get thru - if you have Silver or Gold Support, try calling them on a Saturday or Sunday morning - I've gotten quick response that way). When you call, read them all the numbers in the brackets - they will be able to interpret their meaning - the first number, the [2114] is the most important.

  I hope you get through quickly - best wishes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message