Re: Oracle not start

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/26

Andrew Lau <andrewl2_at_hutchcity.com> wrote in article <8gkr95$a0g32_at_imsp212.netvigator.com>...

> After my SPARC hanged up last time, the oracle database server does not
> resume normally.
> Even I tried:
> ./tnslsnr LISTENER -inherit
>
> Any one can teach me how to restart the server on Solaris platform and
 what
> should I do to ensure the oracle automatically restarts after the OS
reboot?

You need to follow the instructions in the installation guide and make sure the relevant startup scripts are placed in the system startup directories; /etc/rc3.d and so forth on unix. The oracle supplied script is called dbstart, but you may wish to customise it a bit - pretty well mandatory if you need to start the Sql*Net listeners and soon.

We have this in /etc/ec3.d

########################

# MR 4/8/94 file to call oracle startup file

echo "DBSTART: starting `date`" > /var/opt/log/dbstart.log

su - oracle -c "lsnrctl start tcplistener" >> /var/opt/log/dbstart.log su - oracle -c /opt/bin/dbstart &

echo "DBSTART: finished `date`" >> /var/opt/log/dbstart.log

/opt/bin/dbstart is the oracle supplied script, but I've changed it to do some other stuff like starting private rollback segments and soon.

To start the server manually either just run /opt/bin/dbstart (which will try to start all instances on your system), alternatively log in as 'oracle', . oraenv to appropriate instance and run svrmgrl and just type 'startup' at the prompt.

The third field in your oratab file controls whether the database is started automatically by dbstart or not, so check it.

Cheers
Martin. Received on Fri May 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message