Re: Help need with SQL*loader

From: <kgec_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

In article <FjYtOZVjfUVU6ERlv5XdTU7N89cH_at_4ax.com>,   Gaggi nicola <ngaggi_at_libero.it> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using sql*loader to import datas from an old external database to
> my develop database. I am using fixed field text data file.
>
> I don't know what the hell is going on, but i can't perform a clear
> import of these datas! the log file states that nearly each record has
> been rejected by the server because table's constraint (either primary
> or foreign key) have been violated, but the data from the import file
> are uploaded anyway. If i execute a SELECT statement after the
> execution of the load process the table has been updated.
> Only datas that violate not null constraints seems to be not uploaded.
>
> I have read the docs and i have found that this is a tipical behaviour
> of direct path load method, but i don't use such a method to import my
> records!
>
> It seems like SQL*loader loads records twice. One time using direct
> path load method (thus violating referential integrity constraints,
> but writing datas anyway) and then one using conventional path load
> (thus violating primary key constraints).
>
> Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you all.
>
> Please reply via newgroup or directly to ngaggi_at_libero.it or
> nicola_at_netserv.it.
>
> Gaggi Nicola.

Which version of Oracle are you using? If Oracle8, is it possible that this is a result of deferred constraint checking? (We're still at 7.3.4, but in studying for my Oracle8 upgrade OCP exam I notice it's possible to postpone rejection of an inserted record in case the record that will satisfy the constraint comes along later.)

Just a thought...

Good luck.
Tommy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message