Re: Oracle 8 and utlestat.sql

From: Vsevolod Ilyushchenko <simonf_at_cshl.org>
Date: 2000/05/23

Bob Fazio wrote:

> Use the scripts that come with 8.0.5. That along with the other
> utlbstat.sql have been around for quite a while.
> $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin

Thanks for the answer. I figured out that problem occurred becaues I was not logged in as user 'sys'. (I still do not know why ts$ and files$ are unavailable through a regular DBA account, but that's another story).

But I still can't figure out how the scripts work. When I run utlbstat, all the stats$begin* tables are created with no rows (thanks to 0=1 in their selects). Then, utlestat selects some values into stats$end* tables and tries to compute the difference. No luck, as stats$begin* tables are empty.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks,
Simon

--
 _________
|       x |   Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf_at_cshl.org   (current address)
| y = e   |
|_________|   http://www.simonf.com          simonf_at_simonf.com (lifetime address)

				Disclaimer: This is not me.
			This is just my mailer talking to your mailer...