Re: developer installation problems

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

Can't remember the exact sequence of events but it goes something like this: if you install the 8.1.6 client first - the installer will refuse to install Developer in the 8.1.6 home because it say it needs a separate Home, but you can't install it in own home because it will tell you that an Oracle Home already exists.

This is also the case for Designer 6. Since I am running 8.1.6 on NT, it won't let me install the pre-configured repository because it said it needs to be installed in a separate home, and it won't let you because.....

PC

In article <05545dee.d8638ee0_at_usw-ex0106-047.remarq.com>,   Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid> wrote:
> Well, I routinely install Oracle first, then Designer, then
> Developer. I have done this in version 8.1.5 but not in 8.1.6.
> Has the behavior changed? Is it the installer or something in
> version 8.1.6?
>
> Van
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message