Re: developer installation problems

From: Markus Janscha <markus_at_janscha.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/13

Frits,

I think there are two problems here. Firstly the installer of Developer 6 is not Y2K compliant (at least it was not in February this year when I downloaded it) and you have to download an updated installer. Secondly Developer 6 should be installed first and into its default home directory called "win95" (I believe). Dev6 does not support multiple homes and must live in the default home. Then install 8i products into a new Oracle home. After that things should work fine.
In you case I recommend to delete all Oracle keys from the registry and clear any path settings before re-installing.

Good Luck

Markus