Transaction processing problem

From: Bella Pikovsky <bbp006_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Oracle 6i DB using the RoqueWave DBTools.h++. I'd like to manage transactions explicitely through the following methods: RWDBConnection::beginTransaction()
<statements>

RWDBConnection::commitTransaction()

When I run my application on Solaris, everything is OK, but when I run my application on WindowsNT, I can't see changes in the DB after commit. The solution is: RWDBConnection::beginTransaction()
RWDBConnection::commitTransactoin()
<statements>

RWDBConnection::commitTransactoin()
It solves the problem, but there is a problem with performancy.

By the way,
<statements>

RWDBConnection::commitTransactoin()
works too.
So why I need to use RWDBConnection::beginTransaction()?

I think that there is something that I don't understand. Could you help me please?

Thanks,
 Bella Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message