Re: HELP!Copying selected records from another PC

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/01

Ho <kowho_at_singnet.com.sg> schreef in berichtnieuws 8ejgml$m73$1_at_violet.singnet.com.sg...
> I need to copy selected records from a oracle table which resides on
> another computer.
> I have tried 'select * from table_a_at_computerB' without success.
> What need to be done before copying ?
>
> Many thanks for your help in advance.

  • Set up a database link
  • make sure the service definition is in the tnsnames.ora on the server, serving the local Oracle database (the database you are currently connected to)
  • please do _NOT_ crosspost to all and above all non-existing oracle newsgroups

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message