Re: Can you tell if client/server connection is OK? (OCI)

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/04/29

Your program can work regular way. Just catch some exceptions. The following list shows errors that commonly are returned to applications during failover:

ORA-01012: not logged on
ORA-01033: Oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-01089: immediate shutdown in progress - no operations are permitted
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination
ORA-12500: TNS: listener failed to start a dedicated server process
ORA-12571: TNS: packet writer failure

These errors are returned by the Oracle Call Interface (OCI) to indicate the failure of an application's request to perform a database operation. You can resolve any of these errors by waiting 30 seconds to 1 minute before reconnecting to the server and resuming processing transactions against the Oracle database.
--
Mark Malakanov
Oracle DBA

"Brad Lotsberg" <lotsberg_at_willowglen.ab.ca> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:38FB92D3.2922C708_at_willowglen.ab.ca...