OCI, arrays of structs, and indicator variable question

From: Mark W Modrall <modrall_at_world.std.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Hi...

        i'm trying to use some oci wrappers that were written by a couple of groups in my company, but neither seem to have a good grasp of how indicator variables work...

        specifically, i'm trying to bind to an array of structs (each struct = 1 row) and then fetching multiple rows at a time. something like
typedef struct x { int a;

	int b;
	OCIDate c;
	char d[100];

} row_fetch;

row_fetch output[50];

        The wrappers seem to bind the structure elements to the right spots and they get filled in properly, but the code in our wrappers to specify indicator variables doesn't seem to work when used...

        when you try to bind an indicator variable to a structure member, exactly what is the bind looking for? An array of shorts[50] for each member, or is the indicator array based somehow on the struct definition?

thanks
-mark Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message