Re: Top Databases Used

From: Obnoxio The Clown <obnoxio_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/04/13

From: Coolc <clarencehj_at_yahoo.com>

>To All DB Gurus,
>
>Please help. What are the top 10 databases used by users?
>
>I have a project to determine the best database to buy for my company.

It all depends. If you want to buy a commercially supported database, you can look at Informix, DB/2, Oracle, Sybase or SQL Server. If you want to run on UNIX, you can't get SQL Server. If you want a free database, you can look at MySQL or Postgres.

There are so many factors to consider I get dizzy just thinking about it.

However, make sure that the technical support you can get suits your requirements.