Re: WTD: Top Reasons Why or Why Not to Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 8.

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/16

Hi,
 this depends on the application. If it has intimate knowledge about O7 rowid's, the code needs to be changed.
 Certainly doable, but it requires work on the application vendors side.  Apart from that, I don't see cons against Oracle 8.

Karsten

In article <5vPz4.6577$r82.32176_at_news3.atl>, <someone_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:
> A proposal in our organization currently involves a 3rd party
 application
> the runs on 7.3.4, and 8. I'm looking for the "preponderance of the
> experts." for preparing an arsenal of pros and cons to upgrading from
 7.3.4
> to 8 on Solaris. I've put together a pretty decent list myself, but
 would
> like to check my findings against the rest of the community.
>
> Thanks for the help folks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message