Re: WTD: Top Reasons Why or Why Not to Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 8.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/15

Top ten reasons:

1 7.3.4 is going out of support very soon 2 7.3.4 is going out of support very soon

(You get the picture probably)

Oracle 8 (enterprise edition only) comes with a new product called RMAN, which allows for backup of the changed blocks only. Of course this is all in upgrade courses (and probably on http://technet.oracle.com)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA