ORACLE WEB DB installation

From: Anupam Bordia <abordia99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/03/10

Friends,

I am trying to install WEB DB 2.1 on SOLARIS.

During installation, I am asked for oracle user SYS password and TNS NAME alias. Upon submitting those values, I get an error "Eith password or TNS Alias is incorrect".

I can log in to sqlplus (from unix prompt) using SYS user and password. Also, I checked through Net8assist (netasst) that TNS Name Alias for user SYS (and password) is correct. (The TEST succeds).

I have failed to understand any reasonable reason!! Any thoughts would be a great help. Also, I checked the environment setting for TNS_ADMIN.

An early reply definately, would be very very helpful.

Thanks for your time. Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message