Re: Oracle 8i on Solaris

From: G. Roderick Singleton <gsingleton_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/02/07

lempert_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <1Srl4.6349$MZ2.129340_at_news1.wwck1.ri.home.com>,
> "Louis Frolio" <frolio_at_home.com> wrote:
> > Greetings All, I was hoping that someone might be able to help point
 me in
> > the direction
> > of some good docs pertaining to the install of Oracle 8i on Solaris.
 Any
> > help would
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers, Louis
> >
> > frolio_at_home.com
> >

> Well, Just do what's in the installation book execpt the two user thing.
> It ask U to install ORacle with one user and to install the DB with
> another, user just one user to do the whole thing.
> Do the seminfo, shm stuff as written in the book, otherwise nothing will
> work.
> Have the net and ip on the Sun before trying to install Oracle.
> Anymore questions, try me at lempert_at_websplit.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Oops! I'm new to Oracle and I recently installed Oracle 8i under Solaris 2.6 and have
been stuck at the point that one must run catrep.sql as root. One problem, no where does teh documetation tell you how. BTW, root is not a user so cannot access Oracle SQL. Got a quick fix or incantation
that will allow me to proceed. i.e start building databases and coding?

G. Roderick Singleton, <gsingleton_at_home.com> PATH tech,
71 Underhill Drive, Unit 159, Toronto, ON  M3A 2J8
Voice : 416-452-4583 Fax: 416-452-0036 Toll Free: 1-888-354-PATH

*** Notice To Bulk Emailers: Attention!  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any & all unsolicited commercial e-mail
sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of the $1500 US and copies will be forwarded to domain
administrators.  Emailing denotes acceptance of said terms!