Re: Oracle 8i Install

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/02/06

Louis Frolio wrote:

> Greetings All, I am installing Oracle 8i on a Sun Ultra5 Workstation, the
> workstation
> is running Solaris 7. Do I need to have this workstation on the network
> before I can
> do a successfull installation? This install will be for my training only, I
> do not need to
> connect to another server at this point. I am not sure if the install will
> go through if the
> box is not network configured. Please advise.

Since you mentioned that this will not be a network install, then no, the box does not need to be connected to a network for installation. Obviously, it will need to be when you want clients to connect, but for the installation and database creation the box can be a stand-alone.

Cheers,
GC Received on Sun Feb 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message