Re: Replication won't work on 8i

From: Ramanarao Chamarty <rchamart_at_thunder.temple.edu>
Date: 1999/12/22

A Few tips:
1: Before you start creating the master groups, first make sure your db_links work. Check the dba_db_links tables. Connect to remote database and test it ( Both ways for Multi-Master). The nuclues to all problems is DB_LINKS and network. Rest all works like a charm.

2: Check the errors ( Deferror, dba_repcatlog, dba_repcat). Anything to help you resolve.

3: If the status is ready - try to push the jobs.You will certainly see - generate errors.

4: Check for all packages/package bodies to be - VALID.

Ramanarao Chamarty
rchamart_at_temple.edu

Wayne Menzie
(waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam)
wrote: : hasso_at_*remove*to*mail*korel.ee (Hasso Brück) wrote in
: <83q4gj$sbr$1_at_kadri.ut.ee>:
:
: >may be your database link really doesnt work ? ;-)
: >try it manually (select * from remotetable_at_dblinkname")
:
: I ended up uninstalling 8i then reinstalling. I found the scripts in the
: Replication API reference and was able to get working database links
: eventually.
:
: >and if this doesn't work, look at "global_names" parameter in
: >init<SID>.ora for both databases. It's a long story with global_names,
: >but if you don't set them right your dblink won't work. And replication
: >too ...
:
: I have global_names set to true.
:
: I was able to add a master site to a replication group finally. Now I'm
: finding that dba_repcatlog is still full of requests that are supposedly
: ready:
:
: REQUEST STATUS
: ----------------------------- --------------
: COPY_FLAVOR_DEFINITIONS READY
: CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT READY
: CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT READY
: CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT READY
: CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT READY
: ADD_MASTER_DATABASE READY
: GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
: GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
: GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
: GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
: RESUME_MASTER_ACTIVITY READY
: RESUME_MASTER_ACTIVITY READY
:
: 12 rows selected.
:
: I manually called DBMS_REPCAT.DO_DEFERRED_REPCAT_ADMIN but those 12
: requests stay in the queue. Is there a reason why they wouldn't complete.
: The tables haven't been created on the second master yet which would seem
: to be integral to replicating the data. :)
:
: Any additional help is appreciated.
:
: Wayne Menzie