Re: Can I mutiltask in a Win98 Client while running SQL queries?

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1999/12/09

In article <mnxG3.4893$Wj.257096_at_monger.newsread.com>, Joseph H Sugden III <JSugden_at_netmeg.no.spam.net> writes
>I'm set up to use a win98 client to run queries. Whenever I run a query
>through SQL* or Worksheet, Win98 becomes fairly unworkable--slow--and
>sometimes stuck, and the task manager says SQL* is not responding until the
>query finishes.

I *think* sqlplus blocks under windows, which means nothing much else happens until your query finishes. I seem to remember this being raised as an issue a couple of years ago.... Use linux.
Steve Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message