Re: How to choose a DB

From: <mars1972_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/11/29

In article <81r8tv$ah5$1_at_news.netvision.net.il>,   "Anat Maoz" <anatmaoz_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I need to choose a database which serve my server.
> The server runs a huge number of select and update transactions which
> must run in Real-Time.
> I know that because of the fact, there are so many transacttions in a
> minute, I must run the database on Unix.
> I dont know what is the prefered database (maybe oracle maybe informix
 or
> other), and I am not sure how much ODBC slow the proccesing.
> Than u very much,
> Anat Maoz (anatmaoz_at_hotmail.com)

I had a lot of luck using Informix 7.24. We had a real-time system that tracked call information on 450 unix machines, each with at least 24 lines. Quite a bit of information was stored, last I knew it was 36GB and handled about 25 million transactions per day. Of course, these were NOT ODBC transactions. ODBC will slow you down somewhat.

--
# unrm /
ksh: unrm:  not found

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/