Re: How do I know the line number in a stored procedure?

From: Geoffrey Stewart <geoffrey_stewart_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1999/11/23

Joe Sugden wrote:

> I have been creating some lengthy stored procedures lately, and using
> Enterprise Manager to help de-bug them. The problem for me is finding the
> right line when there is an error. I know there is a V$ view that has the
> line numbers and corresponding code, but I don't remember which one that is.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations? How do you deal with this?

Joe

Use this little Sql*Plus script...

SET PAGESIZE 2000
COLUMN text FORMAT A72 trunc
COLUMN line FORMAT 9999
SET LINESIZE 80 accept xobj char prompt 'Please enter procedure to list :'

ttitle '** SOURCE FOR PROCEDURE: &xobj **'

SELECT          line,text
FROM            user_source
WHERE           name = upper('&xobj')
and             type like 'PROCEDURE%'
ORDER BY        type,line

/

ttitle off

cheers
Geoffrey Stewart Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message