Re: Breaking integers into bytes in PL/SQL?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1999/11/17

A copy of this was sent to Jan-Helge Bergesen <jhb_at_protek.no> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:43:25 +0100, you wrote:

>Can it be done?
>
>It sure would save us quite some work..

what are you trying to do? can you give an example of what you want?

numbers in Oracle are stored in a device independent format -- and maybe upto 22 bytes in length. there probably is some way to do what you want if we know what it is...

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st