ODBC performance on Unix?

From: Alex Ratner <alexratner_at_ncc.co.il>
Date: 1999/11/16

Hi,
I am porting a C++ application using ODBC and MS Access database from Windows NT to Unix (Sun Solaris 2.6). The database on Unix will be, most probably, Oracle or Sybase.
I am pondering what way of database access to choose: ODBC driver for Unix
or Oracle/Sybase native interface or, maybe, something else? Using ODBC allows me to keep the same source code, but then the performance,

apparently, will be worse.
The question is: how much worse is the ODBC performance on Unix vs. other options?
Is the effort to change database access code worth the gains? Does anybody has relevant experience?

May be, someone has also pointers to information about relevant benchmarks?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

--
Alex Ratner