Re: Big Problems Running Oracle Enterprise Manager Tools Ver. 2.0.4.0.0 - Java UI related

From: <sbenitez_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/11/15

The problems I have been having are dealing with too many versions of Oracle tools on my desktop. Because of our environment, I have had problems of everything crashing at some point in time. I literally had to unistall everything, physically remove the files, including the \program files\oracle\jre... stuff along with the oracle homes, and then search my registry for anything dealing with Oracle and remove it. I then had to reinstall everything from oldest to newest (I also maintain a 7.3 environment along with 8i). Also, I create an Oracle directory under c:\. When trying to put it under \program files\Oracle, the OEM tools had a difficult time reading the blank space. If you want to use it, you need to use the progra~1.

Also, from a speed aspect, OEM 2.0.4 uses the 1.1.7 Java. I was able to take the Java 1.1.8 with the just-in-time compiler and install it. It created a c:\program files\javasoft\jre directory. Under that it created a 1.1 directory. I renamed my c:\program files\oracle\jre\1.1.7 directory and then copied the 1.1 from under the javasoft into there, renaming it to match the 1.1.7 that previously existed. I've been running this for about 2 months now on a daily basis on both NT 4.0 and win98 with no problems, and let me tell you, it screams. I would have to say it is 50%-75% faster, tricking it into using the 1.1.8.

Scott
In article <
CIVW3.393$ZU3.27485_at_wagner.videotron.net>,   "Florin Lazar" <florin.lazar_at_lbgi.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a lot of problems using Oracle Entreprise Manager ver. 2.0.4
 on a
> Windows NT Workstation.
> Using tools like Schema Manager, the Java GUI interface crashes my
 operating
> system. Just making a scroll or just clicking on a menu - the whole
 system
> blocks and I have to reset (reboot by pressing Reset button!) the
 machine.

> I wonder if I am the only one having this kind of problems. Maybe I
 did
> something wrong. Or maybe I have to install a patch or smthg. else -
 but I
> don't know where to find it.
>
> Thanks for any help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message