Re: replication, save database... need help.

From: <megaram_at_excite.com>
Date: 1999/11/09

Furthermore,

just wanted to let you know about our database replication product (PeerDirect Replication Engine). PDRE is a heterogeneous replication engine that supports Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access, Sybase, Paradox, Pervasive, Informix and InterBase platforms. You can find out more at: "www.PeerDirect.com"

cheers,

Fab

In article <VnKU3.838$Zu4.19120_at_news1.rdc1.mb.home.com>,   "Brian W. Chester" <bwchester_at_home.com> wrote:
> Hassane,
>
> Oracle is the answer to both of your questions!
>
> Oracle Advanced Replication option can be installed at each location
 your
> Oracle server is installed. Other than installing the advanced
 replication
> feature, you will need a WAN (wide area network) with sufficient
 bandwidth
> to handle the expected amount of replicated data. At one of my
 client's
> sites, I have 15 Oracle 8 Personal Edition machines replicating to a
 central
> server via dialup networking and larger sites using 256k Frame relay
> circuits for large replication tasks. Setting up replication is not
> difficult but does require careful planning at all stages of the
 database
> design.
>
> Performing "hot" backups in Oracle is accomplished by placing the
 database
> in "archive" mode. This allows you to take tablespaces off line to
 perform
> the backup while the database remains live. This feature requires
 great
> care in the design of your database architecture and in the design of
 the
> tables, indexes and other objects.
>
> Additional tools are not required, but other administrators prefer
 different
> techniques. Your DBA(s) should construct a custom plan for you
 specific
> requirements.
>
> Brian.
>
> hassane wrote in message <382354E5.C5904EAC_at_online.fr>...
> >hi,
> >
> >i am looking to know how we can implement a database
> >solution with Oracle, the database will be on several places,
> >and i need that each synchronise itself with the others, how
> >we can do that? what tools can do it?
> >
> >i also need that my database will be saved in "hot" conditions,
> >it means that we can work with Oracle and it can be saved
> >in the same time, i need to know the best tools can do that.
> >
> >i thank you for all answers...
> >
> >hassane

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message