Re: 8i on RH Linux: new user cannot sign on SQL*Plus

From: Todd and Mary Ryder <tryder2_at_home.com>
Date: 1999/11/07

Assuming we are talking UNIX host.

Could be an environment problem as well. New user must have same environment (assuming Unix host) as user 'oracle'. Pay special attention to following env vars:
ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID
PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
TWO_TASK User account should also be a member of dba or user groups in /etc/group

Normally, the installer, orainst, creates a script, root.sh that populates a shared library directory (e.g. /usr/local/bin) and grants permissions for all members of dba/user groups, but users still need an Oracle environment.

Todd Ryder
tryder2_at_home.com