Re: Accessing oracle using a data control

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: 1999/11/05

Chris,

It has been a long time since I looked at VB but I just tested the connection on VB6.0 SP3 as follows:

For DataControl choose the categorized tab and go to Data then set:

    Connect ODBC
    DatabaseName null
    DefaultCursorType 1 - ODBCCursor
    DefaultType 2 - UseJet
    RecordType 1 - Dynaset

When you click on the RecordSource property you will be asked to log on to the Oracle database. Once logged on you will be presented with every table and view in the database. Scroll through and find the one you want.

Hope it works for you.

Brian

Chris Jordan wrote in message ...
>Hi there,
>
>I have set up ODBC DSN in control panel for the Oracle 8.0.5 using
 Oracle's