Accessing oracle using a data control

From: Chris Jordan <mail_at_mailer.com>
Date: 1999/11/05

Hi there,

I have set up ODBC DSN in control panel for the Oracle 8.0.5 using Oracle's ODBC driver. I also was able to run
odbctst.exe and check out that it worked. In Visual Basic 6.0, I tried to access oracle by using Data Control
and setting its 'CONNECT' property to Oracle(the name of my oracle DSN). But 'oracle' is not listed there!!
In the 'connect' dropdown box, I see only ACCESS, dbase, Foxpro,paradox, excel, and text!

I can use this data control to work with an access database, but I would like to connect to oracle tables. And after setting up ODBC, I would have thought that my new oracle DSN would in fact show up in the 'connect' property of the DataControl in VB. But no such luck. How do I open Oracle using the data control?

Much thanks,
Chris Received on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message