Re: Oracle 8i RMAN archiver error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 1999/10/30

Your archive log medium for the catdb database is full, and because of this the archiver has stopped. This will stop the database also. Try either to make some space on that device or redirect the archiver to a different device
In case of freeing up space
svrmgr30
connect internal
archive log next
exit
will resolve the problem
in case of redirection replace next in the archive log command by start '<any directory name>'

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA