Re: 8i on RH Linux: new user cannot sign on SQL*Plus

From: <kopanyi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/10/12

In article <3802A534.9EAC36C5_at_ayuda.com>,   Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_ayuda.com> wrote:

> roles. Now I try to connect using 'sqlplus' and I get an error about
> No soap. User 'oracle' continues to work.

This error about loading is a problem with rights or about not finding the shared library? If the latter, maybe you need to add to your "unwanted" user's LD_LIBRARY_PATH the path in which the ominous library is residing (e.g ORACLE_HOME/lib).

Regards,
Sandor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message