Oracle 8 vs. 8i for DW -- opinions?

From: Erik Diehn <erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com>
Date: 1999/10/06

Hello, all. I've got a 100+GB data warehouse running on Oracle 8. We are considering migrating to 8i, as some of 8i's new features look intriguing. Internet accessibility is not a key priority; management of lots of data and multiple simultaneous ad-hoc queries is. Does anyone have experience with both, and if so, can he or she tell me the following:

1.) How difficult is the migration for 8 to 8i? 2.) Given the type of system I've described, are 8i's new features worth the upgrade?

Please respond via posting or email.

Thanks,
Erik Diehn
Comet Systems, Inc.
erikd_at_nospamm.cometsystems.com - nospamm