Re: set up a drive path

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 1999/09/18

The best way to do this seems to be the following: create a shortcut on your desktop for sqlplus. Change the working directory from %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to whatever you want. I wouldn't use the A drive, I usually locate my scripts in \oradba\sql outside the Oracle_home tree. The make sure you include that directory in the SQLPATH registry key in HKLM\software\oracle.
Please also note you can use environment variables in sqlplus, so spool %TEMP%\output.lst
does work.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker,Oracle DBA