cannot build form on stored procedure

From: Dave Grantier <foobar_dave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/09/17

Has anyone seen the following error w/ WebDB? I have built a (very short and working) stored procedure. When I try to build a form on that stored proc, everything works great until the very end when it's time to build the package. No matter how I try to build the package, I get the following error:

Error Message Where

---------  -------------------   ------------------------------
WWV-04300  Failed to execute -   WWV_GENERATE_UTILITIES.EXECUTE
           Create Package Body

WWV-08300  Failed to parse as    WWV_PARSE.PARSE_AS_USER(IDX)
           WEBDB -

ORA-04020  ORA-04020: deadlock   WWV_PARSE.PARSE_AS_USER(IDX)
           detected while trying
           to lock object
           PUBLIC.SCOTT

(actually, it's a different user name than SCOTT, I just changed it to SCOTT for purposes of this post).

I've checked and there are no locks on any components. I'm running WebDB 2.1 on Solaris 7 under Oracle 8.0.5.2.

Has anyone encountered this before? Oracle Tech Support hasn't been much help (yet).

Many thanks in advance,
Dave

--

|nojunkmail_at_nospam.com| mindspring.com|
|nospam_at_nojunkmail.com| davegrantier@ |
+---------------------+---------------+ Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't.