Re: Oracle 8i on HP-UX 11.00 (A-Class)

From: Tim Frith <tfrith_at_hq.marh.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1999/09/02

We are also having all kinds of trouble getting interMedia Text to install on HP-UX 11.

As far as the patch goes, you might be able to find out what program it is patching (the target) at http://us-support2.external.hp.com. Once you get inside, there is a section that lists all the patches with some details. PHKL_14750 says it is not critical - it's just for performance tuning, no functional change.

When it can't find the target software it just means that if the patch was to fix a problem in, say, cc and you didn't have cc installed, that there is no point installing the patch.