Re: Front end for Oracle

From: Harini <harinirayadurgam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/09/01

Hi,
I've used Oracle Developer, Designer and Java, so I could possibly answer your question. It all depends on the kind of application you want. Java is definitely the latest technology and all that and gives you a good (that means customisable) GUI, but your development time increases. On the other hand, Forms and Reports are so easily to write in Developer and designer that it is unbelievable, (believe me, I've worked on Forms 3.0) The templates that you can generate using designer and use for all the forms are time saving and also gives an uniform look and feel to the application. I've not used VB but it also works equally well with Oracle 8.0 thru ODBC and also is a good front end. So if you already have VB installed, u need not buy Developer/Designer.
Hope this helps
Harini