Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.0.4, DBTools 3.1.4

From: Michele Bottiaux <michele_at_pandasys.com>
Date: 1999/08/31

Hi,

I don't know if these are the correct newsgroups, but these seemed most appropriate.

Is anyone using these tools/platforms together successfully?

Solaris 2.6
Sun CC 5.0 (latest patches applied)
Oracle 8.0.4
DBTools.h++ 3.1.4

We are having problems with object corruption (DBConnection object) when throwing exceptions from DBTools. If anyone has experienced this and knows a workaround (or knows a better place to post), please let me know.

We are in contact with RogueWave, but help is slow. RW currently does not support this configuration - they just said to try it and it should work. But RW does support Solaris 2.7 with CC 5.0. It may be an option to move to 2.7, and we are trying some isolated tests with that configuration today, but we also thought someout out in netland may have run across this as well.

Thank you,
Michele Received on Tue Aug 31 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message