Oracle Web Server Authorization

From: George S.Q. Li <gli_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1999/08/30

Hi comp.databases.oracle.server,

I wonder if anybody has done this before and whether Oracle Web Server supports it. I am using OAS 4.0.7.

I would like to protect my PL/SQL agent application. But using other authorization mechanism(not the Oracle username/password in Authorization Server). e.g. Cisco is having all of their internal web application username/password being the email_id/password. A standard perl script is already available.

My question is: can OAS call a '3rd party' program using Basic Authorization scheme? is there any API for it?

I once used NSAPI and wrote a dynamic link library for the Netscape Server's customized authorization. I hope Oracle can support this, otherwise, I might need to switch to use Netscape.....

any info is appreciated!

Thanks,

--SQL Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message